Terms and Conditions
Rules of Participation in the Conference
„Commerce Transformation Days”
§ 1 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the following definitions are clarified:
- Regulations – refers to this document, containing the set of rules and conditions of participation in the Conference.
- Organizer – refers to UNITY Spółka Akcyjna with its registered office in Wrocław at Strzegomska 2-4, 53-611 Wrocław, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the following KRS number: 0000004330, initial capital of PLN 6,664,388.00 (fully paid up), NIP: 8942649070, REGON: 932269479.
- Conference – refers to the Conference organized by the Organizer under the name: Commerce Transformation Days, and held on 21-23 September 2022 in stationary mode, in the building “Concordia Design Wrocław” located at Wyspa Słodowa 7, in Wrocław.
- Registration – refers to the submission to the Organizer of the desire of a given natural person to participate in the Conference by completing the Registration Form.
- Application Form – refers to the form available on the website: https://event.meetingapplication.com/commerce-transformation-days-2022 through which the Registration takes place.
- Confirmation of registration – refers to the message sent by the Organizer to the e-mail address provided by the Participant during the Registration process, confirming the Registration.
- Participant – refers to a natural person who was indicated in the Registration Form to participate in the Conference.
- Buyer – refers to a natural person, a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality, which is an entrepreneur within the meaning of Article 4 of the Act of 6 March 2018. – Law of Entrepreneurs.
- Ticket – refers to a ticket for the Conference in the form of a digital file in PDF format, delivered online via email to the email address of the Participant indicated in the Application Form,
- Sales Regulations – refers to the regulations of selling Tickets for the Conference by means of the MeetingApplication service operated by Meeting Application Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Wrocław at ul: ul. Św. Antoniego 15, 50-073 Wrocław, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register by the District Court of Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000433314, with a share capital of 47200.00 PLN, holding NIP: 8992738060. The Rules of Sale constitute Appendix 2 to the Rules.
- Facility Rules and Regulations – the rules and regulations governing the stay and use of the “Concordia Design Wrocław” building located in Wrocław at Wyspa Słodowa 7. The Facility Rules and Regulations constitute Attachment No. 3 to the Regulations.
- Speaker – refers to an individual actively participating in the Conference, i.e. conducting a speech, lecture or workshop.
- Meeting Application – Meeting Application Sp. z o.o. based in Wrocław at the address: ul. Św. Antoniego 15, 50-073 Wrocław, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register by the District Court WROCŁAW-FABRICNICA WE WROCŁAWI, VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 0000433314, with a share capital of 47200,00 zł, having NIP: 8992738060.
- Service – refers to the Internet portal through which the Conference will be transmitted online, owned by Meeting Application.
- PayU- PayU Spółka Akcyjna with its registered seat in Poznań, 182 Grunwaldzka Street, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court Poznań – Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, VIII Commercial Department of the National Court Register under KRS no. 0000274399, NIP no. 7792308495, REGON no. 300523444, share capital 4. 944.000 PLN, paid up capital 4.944.000 PLN, being the payment services provider in the meaning of the Act of 19th August 2011 on payment services.
- CTD Partner – entities listed on commercedays.com/en/partners/ as ‘Strategic Partner’, ‘Gold Partners’, ‘Silver Partners’, ‘Workshop Partners’ and ‘Banquet Partner’.
§ 2 GENERAL CONDITIONS
- The conference will be held on 22-23 September 2022 in the building “Concordia Design Wrocław” located at Wyspa Słodowa 7, in Wrocław. Due to the changing situation resulting from the state of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, the Organizer reserves the right to change the conference formula and hold it only online through the Service platform.
- A limited number of people may participate in the Conference. Current limits will be published by the Organizer on the website https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com, but the Organizer reserves the right to change the limits, in particular due to the situation resulting from the state of the pandemic of SARS-CoV-2 virus on the terms specified below.
- If, for reasons beyond the control of the Organizer, holding the Conference in a stationary mode at the designated place and time will encounter limitations or will prove to be prohibited, the Conference may be held online.
- In the event that limitations are introduced as a result of which fewer people will be able to participate in the land-based Conference than originally assumed by the Organizer (limit), the right to participate in the land-based Conference shall be granted in the first place to Participants holding VIP Tickets.
- If there are more Participants holding VIP Tickets than the limit, priority is given to those Participants whose Tickets were purchased the earliest.
- If the limit is not exhausted by the Participants holding VIP Tickets, the remaining number of seats goes to the Participants holding CLASSIC Tickets until the limit is exhausted, with priority going to those Participants whose Tickets were purchased earliest.
- For Participants who were originally registered for the land-based Conference and for whom there are not enough seats in accordance with §2 sect. 3-6 of the Regulations, the Organizer will enable participation in the Conference online.
§ 3 PASSIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
- In order to participate in the Conference, it is necessary to register via the Registration Form available on the website at: https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com and purchasing a Ticket entitling to admission to the Conference.
- In order to complete the Registration process, the Buyer should create an account on the website specified in item 1 and complete and send the Registration Form in accordance with the instructions on the Registration Form.
- One ticket entitles one person to participate in the Conference. A Buyer who is not a Participant at the same time indicates in the Registration Form a person from among their employees or associates who will participate in the Conference as a purchased Ticket.
- Completion and acceptance of the Registration Form is tantamount to the acceptance by the Buyer and Participant of the provisions of these Regulations and the conclusion of the contract under the terms and conditions contained herein. Participation is confirmed at the moment of receiving payment by the Organizer or confirmation of payment by PayU service.
- After completing the Application Form, the Buyer is obliged to purchase a Ticket. The Organizer provides for the following methods of payment:
- via PayU service,
- by bank transfer to the Organizer’s bank account on the basis of a pro-forma invoice with 3 days of payment term
Regardless of the chosen form of payment, the Organizer shall send the Purchaser a VAT invoice to the e-mail address specified in the Application Form within 10 days of receiving the payment.
- If, after receiving the payment, it turns out that the availability of a purchased Ticket has been exhausted, the Organizer shall immediately inform the Purchaser and, in case of availability, provide the Purchaser with a Ticket of a different type, refunding the difference in price. If the above is not possible, the Organizer shall withdraw from the contract and, within 30 days, refund to the Buyer the fee paid for the Participant’s participation in the Conference.
- If the fee for participation in the Conference is not paid within 3 days from the acceptance by the Buyer of the Registration Form, the Organizer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement, sending a statement to the e-mail address of the Buyer specified in the Registration Form.
- The purchased tickets for the Conference are delivered in PDF format to the electronic address indicated in the Registration Form. Tickets can also be downloaded directly from the Buyer’s account on the Website or from the Meeting Application mobile application in the “my ticket” tab.
- The deadline for online registration to attend the Conference is September 21, 2022. After this date, online registration will not be available unless the Organizer extends the registration deadline. Participation in the Conference is determined by the order of purchasing Tickets. The Ticket is purchased upon crediting the Organizer’s bank account or confirming the receipt of payment by PayU service.
- In the event that participation in the Conference is changed from a stationary to an online form under the terms of § 2, paragraphs 3-6 of the Regulations, the Buyer is entitled to a refund of the difference between the fee for participation in the stationary Conference and the fee for participation in the online Conference.
- Not later than 21 days before the beginning of the Conference, the Organizer has the right to withdraw from the contract with the Buyer without giving any reason. Statement of withdrawal shall be submitted by the Organizer to the email address of the Buyer given in the Registration Form. In case of withdrawal, the Organizer shall refund to the Purchaser the price of purchased Ticket within 30 days from the date of submitting the statement of withdrawal. The Organizer’s liability for potential damage to the Purchaser resulting from the withdrawal is excluded.
- If the Organiser decides that the statement referred to in § 3(2) of the Regulations is not true, the Organiser shall have the right to withdraw from the agreement with the Purchaser until the date of the end of the Conference (i.e. cancellation of the ticket and refund), unless the Organiser has given its consent in a documentary form for the participation in the Conference and the purchase of the ticket by the Purchaser. As to the manner of submission of the declaration of withdrawal from the contract, its consequences and the Organiser’s liability, § 3, paragraph 11 all apply accordingly.
§ 4 TYPES OF TICKETS
- The Organizer introduces the following types of Tickets: VIP Ticket and CLASSIC Ticket. Both ticket types entitle participation in the Conference in the fixed mode. The current prices of each Ticket, as well as the entitlements related to the purchase of a particular Ticket will be specified on the website https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com. All prices are net prices, to which VAT will be added. The Organizer reserves the right to change Ticket prices until the sale closes.
- A pool of Tickets of each type will be announced by the Organizer at https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com. The Organizer reserves the right to change the pool of available Tickets until the sale is closed.
- The above does not exclude the possibility of individual setting of terms of participation and ticket price by way of an agreement between the Organizer and the Purchaser.
§ 5 ACTIVE PARTICIPATION
- In order to actively participate in the Conference as a Speaker, respective applicants are required to send their application to the e-mail address [email protected] or via the website at https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com along with an abstract of the intended presentation, and have it accepted by the Organizer.
- Applications should be sent by 30.06.2022. Apart from the abstract in English and Polish, the application should include personal details of the applicant (name, surname, telephone number, in case of entrepreneurs additionally NIP and company name), the title of the speech/workshop and a brief presentation of the applicant’s professional / scientific achievements. The application will be reviewed by the Organizer by 15.07.2022. The Organizer reserves the right to contact the applicant if there is a need to supplement the application or if there are any questions regarding the submitted abstract.
- If the application is accepted, the detailed conditions of the Speaker’s participation in the Conference shall be agreed in the contract between the Speaker and the Organiser.
- Notwithstanding the procedure described in this paragraph, the Speaker may be permitted to participate in the Conference upon the Organizer’s individual invitation.
§ 6 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Online participation, if determined by the organizer, takes place via a personal computer or mobile devices with Internet access with a connection bandwidth of not less than 1 Mbps and with access to web browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox version 70 or higher,
- Google Chrome version 70 or higher,
- Safari version 12 or higher,
- Opera version 66 or higher.
- It may also possible, if determined by the Organizer, to participate in the Conference online via the Meeting Application mobile application installed on a smartphone with the operating system:
- Android 5.0 or later,
- iOS 12 or later.
- If the Organizer provides the chat function during the online conference transmission, the Participant may contact other Participants via this chat by means of text messages.
§ 7 OBLIGATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
- The Participant and the Buyer are obliged to comply with these Regulations, the Rules and Regulations of Sale, the Regulations of the Venue, as well as generally applicable laws, in particular fire safety regulations and regulations related to counteracting the SARS COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Buyer undertakes that the Participants enrolled by them will get acquainted with the regulations referred to in section 1 above and will abide by them.
- The Buyer is responsible for the Participants they have enrolled, in particular for their compliance with the regulations referred to in subsection 1. The responsibility of the Buyer and the Participants they have enrolled towards the Organizer for damages caused to the Organizer is joint and several. This also applies to damage caused to third parties, if the Organizer is obliged to cover these damages.
- Participants of the Conference should participate in the Conference in person, and in particular may not cede rights or part of the rights related to registration or services at the Conference to other persons or transfer badges or passes to other persons. Assignment of rights to other entities will be possible only for random reasons beyond the control of the participant, after approval of the Organizer.
- Organizer may record the course of the Conference for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Conference and the Organizer in future years. The image of persons present on the premises where the Conference takes place may be recorded and then disseminated for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Conference and the Organizer in future years. The Buyer by registering the Participants thereby declares that these Participants have consented to the use by the Organizer of their image for the purposes specified in these Regulations and that they undertake not to withdraw this consent. Participant’s image can be used in various forms of electronic processing, framing and composition, as well as juxtaposed with images of other people, may be accompanied by a commentary, while the image and sound recordings may be cut, edited, modified, added to other materials created for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Organizer – without the obligation of approval of the final product. Consent includes all forms of publication, in particular dissemination on the Internet (including social networking sites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, etc. (as part of the Organizer’s profile), as well as publication on the Internet (including social networking sites Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, etc.). (as part of the Organizer’s profile).
§ 8 RESPONSIBILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, the Organizer’s liability (in particular contractual and tort liability) for damage, in particular for damage resulting from failure to perform or improper performance of the contract or for withdrawal from the contract, caused to the Participants or Buyers is limited to the price of the Ticket purchased by the Buyer.
- The Organizer is not liable for the operation of the Website and PayU payment service.
- Without the Organizer’s consent granted in a form of a document under pain of invalidity, Participants are not entitled to record the course of the Conference. In particular, it is prohibited to record lectures, speeches and workshops, both in person and online. Violation of this prohibition will be treated as a gross violation of the Rules and may result in removal from the Conference without reimbursement.
- Without the consent of the Organizer Participants are not allowed to offer goods and services to other participants during the Conference, in particular, this applies to services coincidental or similar to the objects of the Organizer. Violation of this prohibition will be treated as a gross violation of the Rules and may result in removal from the Conference without reimbursement.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for improper performance or non-performance of the contract to the extent caused by force majeure. Force majeure is understood as external events, independent of the parties to the contract and impossible to predict, such as in particular: war, fire, epidemics, flood, communication blockages of supra-regional character, social disasters or catastrophes of buildings or structures, interruptions in media supply. The occurrence of force majeure shall also be considered an imminent risk of occurrence of the phenomena or events referred to in the preceding sentence, even if these phenomena or events did not ultimately materialize.
- In the case of gross violation of these Regulations, the Rules of Sale or Regulations of the Facility, order regulations, as well as in the case of behavior of the Participant that prevents or impedes the conduct of the Conference, or harms the good name of the Organizer, Speakers or other Participants, the Organizer has the right to exclude the Participant from the Conference without compensation and reimbursement of incurred costs.
§ 9 CHANGES IN THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the program of the Conference, i.e. speakers, topics and hours of lectures, as well as the date and place of the Conference, in particular when, despite the due diligence of the Organizer the original program of the Conference proves impossible or significantly hinder the implementation, e.g. due to illness of the speaker or other events beyond the control of the Organizer.
- Information about the changes referred to in par. 1 will be made available each time by the Organizer on the website https://www.commercedays.meetingapplication.com
- The Organizer reserves the right to withdraw from the contract (cancellation of the Conference) during the closing date of the Conference.
- In the case of withdrawal from the contract by the Organizer, the Organizer shall refund the paid fee for participation in the Conference to the bank account from which the fee was paid to the Organizer, within 30 days from the date of making the statement of withdrawal.
§ 10 COMPLAINTS
- All complaints of Conference Participants against the Organizer should be reported via e-mail [email protected] or in writing to the address of the Organizer and should include the name and surname of the complainant, correspondence address, email address, telephone number, subject of the complaint, date of the event, indication of the facts justifying the complaint.
- The Participant or the Purchaser may submit complaints no later than within 3 days from the event on which the complaint is based.
- No complaints will be considered after the deadline specified above.
- The Organizer shall consider the complaint within 14 working days from the date of submission of the complaint and shall communicate its position to the complainant in the form in which the complaint was submitted.
- Complaints about the technical aspects of the registration process, ticket sales and transmission of the Conference online should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] or through the panel.meetingapplication.com platform.
§ 11 RESIGNATION
- A Buyer who is not a Participant may, up to 30 days prior to the commencement of the Conference, appoint another Participant in place of the previously registered Participant, sending the relevant information to the e-mail address [email protected]ys.com. Changes reported after the deadline will be considered individually and the Organizer reserves the right to refuse to consider the change of Participant.
- The Purchaser may, exclusively for important reasons, resign from participation in the Conference and obtain reimbursement of 100% of the paid amount in case of notification of resignation sent to the e-mail address [email protected] no later than 15.08.2022.
§ 12 FINAL STATEMENTS
- The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the Regulations.
- The number of places for participation in the Conference is limited. Participation in the Conference depends on the order of applications.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations shall apply respectively the provisions of the Civil Code.
- In case of change or invalidation as a result of a final court decision, any of the provisions of the Rules of Procedure, the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
- The parties will attempt to resolve any disputes related to these Regulations amicably. If the parties fail to reach an agreement within 30 days of submitting the dispute, they may submit it to the resolution of a court with jurisdiction over the Organizer’s registered office.